Sunday, October 28, 2012

on the road again

After the peculiar conversation I had with the policeman I walked 300m to the "bus station". Of course I tried to hitch but it was raining so after 20 min, the bus came and I was on my way to Puerto Cortes.

The boat office closes at 16.00 on sundays so I thought about dropping by to check it out if I make it earlier... long story short/ I did make it earlier and I got a 10$ discount thanks to my bargain skills learnt while travelling South America.

I tried to hitch again but I was once again unlucky. But I let pass three buses before getting onto one. I was going to San Pedro Sula, Honduras second city in importance and size, to visit my friend Dario and his family. The last time I saw them was when I  was just starting my travels, actually during my second stop. The bus dropped me off at the main bus terminal and from there I walked more or less almost Dario's house. Almost because night caught me before and I hat to take refuge inside a petrol station. He picked me up a short while later.

Meeting with him was great, I felt that not three years went by but only a few days since my last visit. They made sure that I felt at home, and I did! I stayed only two nights but quality prevailed over quantity. My welcome was a baleada dinner... yummy.

But monday came and I had to take the boat that was taking me to Belize.