Wednesday, May 29, 2013

alive!

Time flies.

I feel like yesterday when I was eating a baleada with Dario and his family. Or going out for one with Andre in Tulum. Or getting drunk with two beers with Wim, Katrien and other friends in Hasselt just coming out of the airport, jetlagged and exhausted. But fucking fun! This was last year, more than 6 months ago!

I survived the winter in Estonia. I survived the season I avoided successfully two years ago. When I left the first time I knew I was coming back. 

It's been two months since I moved to the country side. Doing almost a bit of everything. The thing I like the most is that I get to use some really cool machines. Well, at least they're cool to me as I never ever before used or even touched them! 

Living with Rauno & Anne's family has given me the chance to experience Estonia like never before. I went to Anne's mum's house once and ate grandmother's food! You know that grandma's food is the best! Not that I didn't like living in a hostel, I loved it by the way, except the snoring.

The other day we went to oil eggs of this aquatic bird. Its overpopulation is altering the ecosystem. What we did was cover the eggs with ink mixed with oil so the birds won't go back to the nest, alas controlling the birthrate. I have never seen so many nests in my entire life. Never seen so many birds at the same time before. Never seen a chick in the wild in my life before. I've never been soaking wet onboard a dinghy when it's 10C before. But it was worth it.
Actually getting to those two islands was quite an adventure. We didn't have any kind of navigation system. Ok, we had a GPS but I don't know if it worked Ok or not. I thought of myself I was onboard the Andrea Gail... hoping that we wouldn't end up like the Andrea Gail! I'm writing this so we didn't. Unlucky you, I will still write crap :-)

The long days of summer are finally here. Not the warm weather tho. It's supposed to be warm. Sometimes it's hot but it's windy. Sometimes it's not warm and it's raining... Spring, you're drunk! The other day I was looking outside the window and it was not dark nor bright. It was like when the sun is going down but also it was like when the sun is coming up. I began to think what was really happening: is the sun going down or coming up. Ron, you're drunk! No, I'm not! if I was drunk the sun would going around in circles over my head. Maybe the sun is going sideways... Sun, you're drunk! I know it's not the midnight sun but I'm not that North. I think I saw a glimpse of the midnight sun when I was in Iceland in 2010.  There is a movie that the main character is affected by the lack of darkness (can you say this: lack of darkness?) Ron, you're drunk! No, I'm not! I'm sleepy but I can't go to sleep because I don't know if the sun is going down or coming up! The sun is the one that is drunk, not me!
The movie I was thinking about is actually a Northamerican remake of a Norwegian movie. I would like to see both. The last Norwegian movie I saw was crap, I hope this won't be.

Ok, I better go to sleep and stop writing crap. I should get up early tomorrow... eeer, today. In a few hours. No, tomorrow! my friend Annika says that is "tomorrow" because you still haven't gone to bed. Ok, so I better go to sleep because tomorrow I have to wake up early.

My birthday lands on midsummers. Even Estonia celebrates my birthday! Don't know what I'm going to do for it. Probably nothing. Or get drunk. Or try to get laid. Naah, most likely nothing. Or most likely I will get drunk and jump into the cold river and have my testicles up to my throat!

Now I should really go to bed. I'm writing nonsense. But I can't seem to stop. But I should. Should I? Yes, I should. 

Head ööd. Or tere hommikust. Whatever. Choose which ever you want. I don't care. Ta ta!