Tuesday, November 16, 2021

12 monkeys or what have I been up to...


 If you have been following my crappy writing for the past few years, you know that most of the years I write something to commemorate my "travel anniversary". When logging in, I actually discovered that I had two drafts. Didn't even remember I had them. One is from mid February and the other one is from late November, both from last year.

Not even to start writing about what was all that shite about. ugh!

Like it's a tradition, I think, here's the list of the places I've spent the super mega lame 14th of November:

2010: Prague
2011: Berlin
2012: Tallinn
2013: Tallinn
2014: Kraków
2015: Antigua
2016: Donosti
2017: On the road in Central America
2018: Graná
2019: Sevilla
2020: Porto

Every time it has been different and every time I had been in a different state of mind. This year is not a much different. Except for the fact that I'm overwhelmed by a lot of shit that I cannot control and that, unfortunately, affects my life in this planet I didn't ask to be born in.

I feel like that one Vodka Juniors song: Shadows in the Sunset. I feel like a shadow that will always chase the sunset. 

Actually, I was telling someone this very morning, that I write less shite when I'm listening to Vodka Juniors.  If you know a bit, you know that they're my favourite band. I'm actually wearing their tshirt. Wait, was I unconsciously thinking that I wanted to write something? Maybe, guatever. Suddenly, this song came on on the playlist: Waves. Coincidence? I will never know...

Like I said before, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the shite I'm going through. I wish it was up to me to solve it, but there's the bureaucracy of a government that it's fucking me up. 

On top of that, we still have that motherfucking fucking virus making its round in this planet I didn't ask to be born in. Fucked up my plans of going back home and hug my mum, haven't seen her in over 4 years. That's too way fucking much.

I have been living in Porto for practically 5 months. It was hard to leave Lagos but it was something I needed. Something I had to do. My life down there was slowly going on a downward spiral, which good NIN album, by the way. I won't end like the man's story detailed in the album though.

Porto is an amazing city. I like it more than Lisbon, fuck me right? I mean, I still like Lisbon a lot but there is something about Porto that makes it, amazing.

Not sure how long will I stay in Porto. Forever is a long time. But I'm open to guatever it may happen. I'm open to guatever the universe will bring on to me. Whether I like it or not, I guess it will up to me.

I looked up to the top of the page and I realized that the title of the post is somehow weird. I'm weird so it shouldn't come as a surprise. But let me explain: it's just because of the number 12. 12 Monkeys is dystopian future movie with Bruce Willis. Not that I'm hoping for a personal dystopian future of my own, it's jut a play on words. Or numbers.