Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bucaramanga

I know that no one has the obligation to to help but it was frustating and dissapointing and sad to see that other people was being helped and they posted on the CS forum after me!
For this reason I decided to change my strategy: for Bucaramanga I was going to post in English. But before I had to leave Medellín and travel the 400 km between Medellín and Bucaramanga.
I wanted to leave as early as possible but when I'm travelling with someone that rarely happens.
We bargain our way to "Barbosa". 2 minutes after an idiot walking beside me told me "no one will pick you up" a big car stopped and drove us to a reststop  somewhere.  After no more than 2o minutes two cars stopped but one some meters ahead of us and the other one right in front of us. I said that we were going to Bucaramanga so anywhere in that direction was good. We got in and I asked Carlos (the driver) where he was going and he said... Bucaramanga! we reached the city at around 16:00. 
Like I said before, after changing strategies I wrote in the emergency couch forum in English and about 5 minutes later we had two couches to choose from! That's how I came to know Sebastián  and his family.
We stayed for 4 nights with him and his family. When I left, I didn't want to but I had to. I ended up having another mum for a few days.
Bucaramanga was not was I was expecting. I don't mean this in a bad way. It's just that I thought of it as a small city and not that big. The area has a lot to do and see but unfortunetaly is not free.
Sebastián took us to the really close town of "Girón" which reminded me of Antigua but not quite. Maybe because of the cobblestone street. Nevertheless it was a lovely day trip. Miriam, Sebastián's mum, said we could stay longer. As tempting as it was, I need to start heading to the coast...